Friday, April 11, 2008

What's for dessert . . . playdough!





The other day while I was talking with my sister on the phone Jackson let me know he wanted my attention by eating his playdough. Delicious. Fotunately for him, his Auntie Meg is a step ahead of the game and took the initiative to find us some recipes for edible playdough. (It always pays to have teachers in the family!)

Now, I don't know the exact ingredients of playdough, but I was guessing the recipe we choose from the ones Meg sent would taste better to Jackson. Peanut butter, honey and powdered sugar. Like peanut butter taffy, right?! Well, apparently Jackson has a much more advanced palate than I do because he did not prefer this recipe. (I on the other hand rather liked it, which shouldn't surprise anyone.) The kid still got his share of sugar (never a problem) as he munched on the mini M&M's I gave him to use for decorating his playdough creations.

Thanks, Auntie Meg, for our fun experiment!

Here is the recipe we used (for anyone hungry enough):

2 Cups powdered sugar (plus maybe a little extra so it isn't sticky)
1 Cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 Cup honey

Bon appetit!

No comments: